A Proven Conservative Philosophy
“I will continue to advance a pragmatic approach to the issues that are faced daily by the Fort Smith District Court system and promise to uphold the high standards of the bench that have been entrusted to me by the citizens of Fort Smith.”
Proven Judicial Experience
• Has presided over tens of thousands of Fort Smith District Court cases.
• Instrumental in establishing an ongoing oversight of the District Court Alternative Sentencing Program and DWI Court.
• Five time Pro Bono Attorney of the Year for donating time and legal expertise to low income and elderly residents.
• Twice named Volunteer Attorney of the Year for the Elderly by the Arkansas Bar Association.
• 35 years of private legal practice.
Integrity, Compassion, Fairness & Community Involvement
• Board President, Arc for the River Valley
• Board of Directors, Sebastian County Law Library
• Board of Directors, Center for Arkansas Legal Services
• Former University of Arkansas Fort Smith Adjunct Professor
• Active Member, Fort Smith Rotary Club
Learn how to get involved.
Paid for and managed by the Committee to Re-Elect Jim O’Hern District Judge,
John R. Swicegood, M.D., Chair